Spring has sprung! Ring in the warming weather with the ones you love the most by checking out these eight spring activities for the family:
- Fly a Kite – When’s the last time you actually flew a kite? Teach your young ones how to have fun the old-fashioned way.
- Make a Bird Feeder – Show those birdies some love for singing you their pretty songs. All you need to do is cut a hole in a milk jug, fill it with feed, and hang it somewhere safe from cats.
- Ride a Bike – If your kids know how to ride, take a nice long bike ride together. If they don’t know how, now’s a great time to teach them a life skill.
- Go Backyard Camping – You don’t need to stray far to feel outdoorsy. If you have a tent, just set it up in your own backyard and have a close-to-home adventure.
- Shop at a Farmer’s Market – Teach your kiddos healthy eating habits and find the some fresh fruits, veggies, and baked goods to fill your kitchen.
- Garden – Remember how fun it used to be to get a little muddy? Pick up some perennials and plant them around your property. This is a great educational moment for kids too!
- Collect and Paint Rocks – Visit your favorite river or beach and collect some nice smooth rocks. Then, take them home and paint them to your heart’s content!
- Wash Your Car – Disguise chore time as fun time and get your beloved Mitsubishi looking fresh for the balmy weather.
Are you ready to get out and explore the spring weather? Contact us at Hampton Mitsubishi to find a suitable ride.
Lafayette, Louisiana, is a historic city just off the coast of the Gulf of Mexico with a booming local culinary scene, which means there are endless restaurants you can visit for creative dishes with the freshest surf and turf menus. That’s why there’s no better way to spend your Valentine’s Day than on one of the many Lafayette food tours!
No matter what your favorite cuisine or dish is, you can
find a food tour in Lafayette that will cater to you. Lovers of Cajun food can
jump on the Cajun Food Tours bus any day of the week and try dishes from six
restaurants, all for one low price paid at the beginning of the tour.
Mediterranean Connection is another great tour that will
take you around the many restaurants serving authentic, creative foods from
Greece, Lebanon, and other countries on the coast of the Mediterranean sea.
What’s more romantic than imagining the clear waters and ancient architecture
of coastal Europe while you eat?
You can get even more specific and go on a crawfish tour,
checking out the best crawfish Lafayette has to offer, or hit the Cajun Boudin
Trail to try a wide variety of dishes that include this famous Cajun blood
sausage, or sample Lafayette’s many gumbos.
Maybe this Valentine’s Day you’d rather sample a little of
everything. Try the Best Food Town tour, named after the title of “Best Food
City in the USA” given to Lafayette by USA
Today. Or, if you’re looking to fill up on lunch before your evening plans,
try the Plate Lunch Experience.
Whether you are a long-time resident of Lafayette, Louisiana, or just passing through, our hometown has something for you. Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in Lafayette:
Visit Acadian Village
Step back into Louisiana’s Cajun roots at Acadian Village. Don’t forget to pick out some homemade candy at the General Store!
Take the Kids to Zoosiana
Zoosiana is our local zoo and features wonderfully interactive exhibits and hosts fun seasonal events throughout the year. It’s the perfect place to spend an afternoon with the kiddos.
Tour the Swamps of LeBlanc
If you didn’t get enough authentic Cajun-ness from your visit to Acadian Village, run over to our neighbors in Saint Martinville and take a swamp tour. From the safety of your speedboat, a real swamp-man will talk you through all the beautiful waterfowl, monstrous gators, gorgeous foliage, and swamp history.
Devour a Shrimp Poor Boy at Olde Tyme Grocery
Of all the things to do in Lafayette, this one might be the tastiest. Stop by Olde Tyme Grocery and order the shrimp poor boy – you won’t regret it.
Stop in at Hampton Mitsubishi
Whether you’re popping in for some standard maintenance for your beloved “Mitsu” or checking out our wide-ranging stock of brand new models, a stop at Hampton Mitsubishi is always a good thing to do in Lafayette.