The summer season is approaching, and you want to be
prepared — for fun! These fun summer events in the Lafayette area provide live entertainment,
great food, outdoor activities, one-of-kind treasures and incredible
performances for you and your family to enjoy.
Gulf Coast Shrimp & Jazz Festival – Lake Charles (June 21- 23)
Just an hour outside Lafayette, Lake Charles is home to the
Gulf Coast Shrimp & Jazz Festival, which, as suggested, has plenty of
shrimp and plenty of jazz! It kicks off with the “Jazz After Dark: An Evening
to Remember” concert. There is also a shrimp dish cook-off that will put the
best shrimp chefs to the test and a free Jazz workshop where you can learn
about the groove of jazz.
Avoyelles Arts & Music Festival – Marksville (July 4)
If you’re looking for a fun way to celebrate Independence
Day, this is it. Take the trip to Marksville to attend this free event, which
opens at 10 a.m. There will be musical acts, arts and crafts vendors, contests,
and plenty of food. The day kicks off with a patriotic parade, which is
Louisiana’s longest-running Fourth of July parade.
Make sure your car is ready for summer travels — schedule a maintenance check at Hampton Mitsubishi. If it’s time for a new ride, stop by to check out our incredible inventory of new and pre-owned vehicles.
Spring has sprung! Ring in the warming weather with the ones you love the most by checking out these eight spring activities for the family:
- Fly a Kite – When’s the last time you actually flew a kite? Teach your young ones how to have fun the old-fashioned way.
- Make a Bird Feeder – Show those birdies some love for singing you their pretty songs. All you need to do is cut a hole in a milk jug, fill it with feed, and hang it somewhere safe from cats.
- Ride a Bike – If your kids know how to ride, take a nice long bike ride together. If they don’t know how, now’s a great time to teach them a life skill.
- Go Backyard Camping – You don’t need to stray far to feel outdoorsy. If you have a tent, just set it up in your own backyard and have a close-to-home adventure.
- Shop at a Farmer’s Market – Teach your kiddos healthy eating habits and find the some fresh fruits, veggies, and baked goods to fill your kitchen.
- Garden – Remember how fun it used to be to get a little muddy? Pick up some perennials and plant them around your property. This is a great educational moment for kids too!
- Collect and Paint Rocks – Visit your favorite river or beach and collect some nice smooth rocks. Then, take them home and paint them to your heart’s content!
- Wash Your Car – Disguise chore time as fun time and get your beloved Mitsubishi looking fresh for the balmy weather.
Are you ready to get out and explore the spring weather? Contact us at Hampton Mitsubishi to find a suitable ride.
Lafayette, Louisiana, is a historic city just off the coast of the Gulf of Mexico with a booming local culinary scene, which means there are endless restaurants you can visit for creative dishes with the freshest surf and turf menus. That’s why there’s no better way to spend your Valentine’s Day than on one of the many Lafayette food tours!
No matter what your favorite cuisine or dish is, you can
find a food tour in Lafayette that will cater to you. Lovers of Cajun food can
jump on the Cajun Food Tours bus any day of the week and try dishes from six
restaurants, all for one low price paid at the beginning of the tour.
Mediterranean Connection is another great tour that will
take you around the many restaurants serving authentic, creative foods from
Greece, Lebanon, and other countries on the coast of the Mediterranean sea.
What’s more romantic than imagining the clear waters and ancient architecture
of coastal Europe while you eat?
You can get even more specific and go on a crawfish tour,
checking out the best crawfish Lafayette has to offer, or hit the Cajun Boudin
Trail to try a wide variety of dishes that include this famous Cajun blood
sausage, or sample Lafayette’s many gumbos.
Maybe this Valentine’s Day you’d rather sample a little of
everything. Try the Best Food Town tour, named after the title of “Best Food
City in the USA” given to Lafayette by USA
Today. Or, if you’re looking to fill up on lunch before your evening plans,
try the Plate Lunch Experience.
It’s the time of year for resolutions. While you’re setting your goals for 2019, don’t forget about that one companion who will always be with you along the way—your car. These New Year’s resolutions for your car will help you get a great start to 2019.
Be Fuel Efficient
Are you getting the most out of every tank of gas? There are
ways you can optimize your fuel by changing the way your drive. One key is to
avoid any degree of aggressive driving, including excessive braking and quick
acceleration. All of this uses more fuel than necessary. Another way to cut
down on fuel usage is to clean out your car, as the more weight you carry the
more gas your vehicle uses.
Idling is bad for everyone and everything involved. If you’re
going to be stopped for longer than 30 seconds, turn off the engine.
Keep Your Car in Shape
One of your personal resolutions might be to get or stay in
shape, but this resolution can apply to your car as well! Make it your 2019
goal to stay on top of car maintenance. Get regular oil changes and check ups,
check the tire pressure and oil levels regularly, and keep the exterior and
interior of your car clean.
If your car needs a little care to help it survive 2019, contact the service department at Hampton Mitsubishi for an appointment.